Blackberry maker RIM has produced a short film to show consumers some of the ways using an NFC smartphone can change their lives. NFC payments, physical and logical access control, ticketing, and retail loyalty applications are shown in the video, which has been watched over 200,000 times since it was posted on YouTube two days ago.
- Discover to add support for Apple Pay
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week
- Twitter invests in beacon marketer Swirl