Visa has certified Intel‘s smartphone reference design (SRD) for use in NFC payments and formed a strategic alliance with the chip maker, designed to develop mobile commerce solutions tailored to consumers in developed and developing countries. “Our work with Visa also extends to our customers designing products based on Intel’s smartphone reference device,” says Intel’s Mike Bell.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx