Indian mass transportation operator Delhi Metro Railway Corporation has “started experimenting with NFC-enabled cell phones” for ticketing, reports The Times of India. 1.6 million commuters ride the Delhi Metro’s 190km network every day.
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC
- Rogers expands Suretap NFC wallet with support for prepaid and gift cards