Indian mass transportation operator Delhi Metro Railway Corporation has “started experimenting with NFC-enabled cell phones” for ticketing, reports The Times of India. 1.6 million commuters ride the Delhi Metro’s 190km network every day.
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows