Some Google Wallet users running the app on rooted NFC phones are now seeing a message pointing out that their phone is an unsuppported device. Clicking on a ‘learn more’ link, Droid Life reports, provides a warning that gaining root access can disable important security mechanisms and “we strongly discourage doing so if you plan to use Google Wallet”.
- High value contactless payments arrive in the UK
- Latvian merchants and ski resorts adopt NFC loyalty platform
- Semble picks Gemalto for NFC in NZ
- White paper explains NFC-enabled sensors and their uses
- Contactless makes Word of the Year shortlist