Juniper Research forecasts that NFC will facilitate transactions valued at US$74bn by 2015, as the technology is increasingly used for the payment of goods instore and for transport tickets. Whilst mobile couponing still represents the smallest mobile commerce segment, the analysts add, it is demonstrating the highest growth rate.
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC
- Rogers expands Suretap NFC wallet with support for prepaid and gift cards
- Apple iWatch to ship with NFC this year?