Juniper Research forecasts that NFC will facilitate transactions valued at US$74bn by 2015, as the technology is increasingly used for the payment of goods instore and for transport tickets. Whilst mobile couponing still represents the smallest mobile commerce segment, the analysts add, it is demonstrating the highest growth rate.
- Motorola secures Android and Apple devices with smart keyfob
- United Airlines to let passengers pay for airport food and drinks using award miles
- 65% of Canadians plan to make mobile payments
- Google Wallet adds refer-a-friend program
- White paper quantifies consumer attitudes to wearable payments