Market forecaster In-Stat predicts that the value of proximity mobile payment transactions will approach US$9.9 billion in 2016, up from $1.1 billion in 2012. The Asia Pacific region will dominate payments volumes throughout the next few years, the company says, accounting for 41% of global transactions in 2016.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies