Market forecaster In-Stat predicts that the value of proximity mobile payment transactions will approach US$9.9 billion in 2016, up from $1.1 billion in 2012. The Asia Pacific region will dominate payments volumes throughout the next few years, the company says, accounting for 41% of global transactions in 2016.
- Webinar on delivering NFC transport ticketing services at scale — See it now on NFC World
- One in four UK consumers influenced by in-store payment methods
- UK cash payments fall to 48%
- Four in ten UK consumers willing to switch banks for mobile payments
- NXP ‘focused on mobile wallet’