Market forecaster In-Stat predicts that the value of proximity mobile payment transactions will approach US$9.9 billion in 2016, up from $1.1 billion in 2012. The Asia Pacific region will dominate payments volumes throughout the next few years, the company says, accounting for 41% of global transactions in 2016.
- Fingerprint sensor market to grow at 17% CAGR
- McDonald’s to pilot mobile order and pay in China
- Lloyds Bank authenticates customers with contactless ‘tap to bank’ service
- Europeans make more than 1bn Visa contactless transactions in 12 months
- Apple Pay UK launch set for July 14?