Market forecaster In-Stat predicts that the value of proximity mobile payment transactions will approach US$9.9 billion in 2016, up from $1.1 billion in 2012. The Asia Pacific region will dominate payments volumes throughout the next few years, the company says, accounting for 41% of global transactions in 2016.
- 17% of French consumers make mobile payments
- Magyar Telekom launches NFC in Hungary
- Danish carriers abandon mobile payments ambitions
- Android Pay to use fingerprint security
- Swirl reports positive consumer feedback on in-store beacon offers