Market forecaster In-Stat predicts that the value of proximity mobile payment transactions will approach US$9.9 billion in 2016, up from $1.1 billion in 2012. The Asia Pacific region will dominate payments volumes throughout the next few years, the company says, accounting for 41% of global transactions in 2016.
- Connecthings equips Nice bike rental stations with NFC tags
- UK gov offers passport reader
- NFC in Retailing webinar: See it now on NFC World
- McDonald’s and Kuwait International Bank test NFC payments
- Nokia Chat gets NFC sharing