The US House of Representatives’ Financial Services Subcommitee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit has held a hearing on “The Future of Money: How Mobile Payments Could Change Financial Services”.
Five people gave testimony to the committee during the hearing and also answered questions from members:
- Richard Oliver, formerly of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Troy Leach, chief technology officer of the PCI Security Standards Council
- Ed McLaughlin, chief emerging payments officer at MasterCard Worldwide
- Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance
- Suzanne Martindale, staff attorney for the Consumers Union
The 1hr 17m hearing was filmed by C-Span and can be viewed in its entirety on the political news service’s website.