RFID giant Smartrac has completed its acquisition of UPM's RFID business, a leading supplier of NFC tags. "We are pleased that our pioneering RFID team and their excellence have a new home at Smartrac, making it the undisputable leader in the RFID industry," says UPM's Jussi Vanhanen. "As a shareholder of Smartrac, UPM keeps a keen interest on the rapidly developing RFID market."
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags
- Star Trek Into Darkness gets NFC promotion at airports