RFID giant Smartrac has completed its acquisition of UPM’s RFID business, a leading supplier of NFC tags. “We are pleased that our pioneering RFID team and their excellence have a new home at Smartrac, making it the undisputable leader in the RFID industry,” says UPM’s Jussi Vanhanen. “As a shareholder of Smartrac, UPM keeps a keen interest on the rapidly developing RFID market.”
- Signature spec promises tamper-proof NFC tags
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?