RFID giant Smartrac has completed its acquisition of UPM's RFID business, a leading supplier of NFC tags. "We are pleased that our pioneering RFID team and their excellence have a new home at Smartrac, making it the undisputable leader in the RFID industry," says UPM's Jussi Vanhanen. "As a shareholder of Smartrac, UPM keeps a keen interest on the rapidly developing RFID market."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR