RFID giant Smartrac has completed its acquisition of UPM’s RFID business, a leading supplier of NFC tags. “We are pleased that our pioneering RFID team and their excellence have a new home at Smartrac, making it the undisputable leader in the RFID industry,” says UPM’s Jussi Vanhanen. “As a shareholder of Smartrac, UPM keeps a keen interest on the rapidly developing RFID market.”
- Turkish Airlines offers travel benefits via BLE
- Xbox to get mobile purchasing
- London Underground to accept NFC payments
- USI to supply iWatch chips?
- Apple and Swatch team on iWatch?