RFID giant Smartrac has completed its acquisition of UPM’s RFID business, a leading supplier of NFC tags. “We are pleased that our pioneering RFID team and their excellence have a new home at Smartrac, making it the undisputable leader in the RFID industry,” says UPM’s Jussi Vanhanen. “As a shareholder of Smartrac, UPM keeps a keen interest on the rapidly developing RFID market.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway