RFID giant Smartrac has completed its acquisition of UPM's RFID business, a leading supplier of NFC tags. "We are pleased that our pioneering RFID team and their excellence have a new home at Smartrac, making it the undisputable leader in the RFID industry," says UPM's Jussi Vanhanen. "As a shareholder of Smartrac, UPM keeps a keen interest on the rapidly developing RFID market."
- Join us next week for a free webinar on NFC toys and games
- Fashion retailer uses NFC to engage party-goers
- NFC Haloband seeks funding
- Flextown enables digital sharing through NFC business cards
- Merchant360 offers plug-in that lets retailers deliver coupons to any NFC phone