Grenoble is to get a local NFC payments system, reports 20minutes.fr. The French city is sinking €1.3m into Mobi’Alpes, which will allow citizens and visitors with NFC phones to pay tram fares, follow tourist trails and even pay for ski passes. The system, being developed by the City of Grenoble, transportation operator SMTC and the local tourism office, is expected to go live in late 2014.
- Researchers unveil breakthrough in weaving NFC chips into clothes
- Cab:app taxis to accept NFC mobile payments
- Rémy Martin to launch NFC bottle in China for authentication and rewards
- Las Vegas gets park and reward meters
- Mobile tickets launch for Houston buses