Phone maker Sony has applied for a patent which could see fingerprint sensors and cameras built into mobile phone screens. “Many technology analysts predict that mobile phones fitted with near field communication (NFC) technology will be used in place of credit cards to buy goods in the near future,” points out a BBC News report. “To feel safe with the idea consumers may demand that their phone’s security checks are more robust than a four-digit pin code.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway