US print giant Quad/Graphics has revealed it produced the 500,000 NFC-tagged inserts included in Wired magazine’s April 2012 issue. The advertisement, for luxury car maker Lexus, was the first large-scale deployment of NFC tags in advertising and used chips supplied by NXP.
- IBM partners with Monitise
- GSMA publishes NFC coupon and loyalty technical proposal
- Nintendo adds NFC payments
- Four in ten mobile wallet users choose mobile as primary mode of payment
- CU Wallet signs up 65 credit unions for QR mobile payments