US print giant Quad/Graphics has revealed it produced the 500,000 NFC-tagged inserts included in Wired magazine’s April 2012 issue. The advertisement, for luxury car maker Lexus, was the first large-scale deployment of NFC tags in advertising and used chips supplied by NXP.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies