Microsoft is planning a mobile wallet for Windows Phone 8, according to an unsourced report in The Verge. The wallet service will be provided by Microsoft and is expected to be branded by carrier partners.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices