Indian handset manufacturer Lava has launched the first Intel-powered NFC smartphone. The Xolo X900, available in India for around R22,000 (US$422) from 23 April, has a 4.03-inch touchscreen and ships with Android 2.3 with an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich promised later.
- Mastercard to launch artificial intelligence bots for banks and merchants
- Partnership deal for contactless payment wearables
- Visa opens up its tokenization platform to third party suppliers
- Apple Pay goes live in Japan
- Alipay targets 2bn global users