Indian handset manufacturer Lava has launched the first Intel-powered NFC smartphone. The Xolo X900, available in India for around R22,000 (US$422) from 23 April, has a 4.03-inch touchscreen and ships with Android 2.3 with an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich promised later.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport