The European Commission (EC) has started a public consultation to find out what framework is needed to unleash the potential benefits of the coming ‘internet of things’. “An internet of things with intelligence embedded into everyday objects is the next big thing,” says Neelie Kroes, the EC’s vice president for the digital agenda. “I want to promote an internet of things that serves our economic and societal goals, whilst preserving security, privacy and the respect of ethical values.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway