Motorola is to use fingerprint biometrics in future NFC handsets to eliminate PIN locks on mobile wallets. The Google-owned phone maker, which already builds handsets with built-in finger scanners, told Brief Mobile of the move at a presentation at the University of California in San Diego.
- Colombia festival visitors first to use Plazez mobile payments service
- MasterCard token platform close to Australia launch
- Burger King adds MasterPass to US app
- HSBC and First Direct go live with Apple Pay in UK
- HKT launches NFC mobile payments service in Hong Kong