Motorola is to use fingerprint biometrics in future NFC handsets to eliminate PIN locks on mobile wallets. The Google-owned phone maker, which already builds handsets with built-in finger scanners, told Brief Mobile of the move at a presentation at the University of California in San Diego.
- Singtel charges Angry Birds toys to buyers phone bills
- iOS 8.1 brings Apple Pay NFC payments to iPhone
- Over 20m NFC devices now in use in Japan
- Bionym begins shipping wristband
- Amex commits $10m to EMV upgrades