Motorola is to use fingerprint biometrics in future NFC handsets to eliminate PIN locks on mobile wallets. The Google-owned phone maker, which already builds handsets with built-in finger scanners, told Brief Mobile of the move at a presentation at the University of California in San Diego.
- Chip makers AMS and ST team up for wearable NFC payments
- Google ‘to release Android Pay API in May’
- Chase discusses Apple Pay and its own mobile wallet plans
- Neiman Marcus rolls out QR payments
- MasterCard reports on HCE payments tests in 15 countries