The Chinese mobile payment market is expected to be worth more than US$80bn with some 441m active users by 2015, according to new research from Kapronasia. China has already surpassed the US as the biggest smartphone market worldwide, though penetration is still less than 10% of the total 900m mobile phone users and allows plenty of room for growth, says the “Mobile Payments in China” report.
- O2 buys out Weve partners and drops mobile payment plans
- “iPad Pro” to include NFC?
- Qualcomm and NXP team up for NFC on Snapdragon platforms
- NFC gets top marks for helping Barcelona kids get to school
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS