Apple has applied for a patent covering processes for gifting digital content to friends using transmission methods including NFC, according to Patently Apple. The iPhone maker’s patent application outlines a two-step confirmation process: Users can choose to give a song, for example, and then tap on a friend’s device to send a gift. A confirmation message is then sent back to the giver’s device and the gift is charged to the giver’s account.
- Bell ID makes case for banks to become TSPs
- Saracens fans get contactless payment wristbands
- Apple Pay now live at more than 240 banks
- Nearly half of payment cards shipped in 2014 were contactless
- Barclaycard’s bPay band set for relaunch