Apple has applied for a patent covering processes for gifting digital content to friends using transmission methods including NFC, according to Patently Apple. The iPhone maker’s patent application outlines a two-step confirmation process: Users can choose to give a song, for example, and then tap on a friend’s device to send a gift. A confirmation message is then sent back to the giver’s device and the gift is charged to the giver’s account.
- Paytm moves towards launching payments bank
- Australian digital payments to reach nearly A$1.9bn by 2020
- Contactless on the rise in the Netherlands
- A third of Europeans have made a mobile payment
- Proxama and Mapway launch BLE beacon service on London buses