Apple has applied for a patent covering processes for gifting digital content to friends using transmission methods including NFC, according to Patently Apple. The iPhone maker’s patent application outlines a two-step confirmation process: Users can choose to give a song, for example, and then tap on a friend’s device to send a gift. A confirmation message is then sent back to the giver’s device and the gift is charged to the giver’s account.
- AMS chips will allow cars to be unlocked and started with NFC phones
- Carrefour uses LED lighting to send offers to shoppers in stores
- Apple Store purchases get two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8tn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service