Apple has applied for a patent covering processes for gifting digital content to friends using transmission methods including NFC, according to Patently Apple. The iPhone maker's patent application outlines a two-step confirmation process: Users can choose to give a song, for example, and then tap on a friend's device to send a gift. A confirmation message is then sent back to the giver's device and the gift is charged to the giver's account.
- NFC in Toys and Games webinar: See it now on NFC World
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC
- Chrome OS to get NFC unlock?