Apple has applied for a patent covering processes for gifting digital content to friends using transmission methods including NFC, according to Patently Apple. The iPhone maker's patent application outlines a two-step confirmation process: Users can choose to give a song, for example, and then tap on a friend's device to send a gift. A confirmation message is then sent back to the giver's device and the gift is charged to the giver's account.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR