Apple has applied for a patent covering processes for gifting digital content to friends using transmission methods including NFC, according to Patently Apple. The iPhone maker's patent application outlines a two-step confirmation process: Users can choose to give a song, for example, and then tap on a friend's device to send a gift. A confirmation message is then sent back to the giver's device and the gift is charged to the giver's account.
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags