Hospitality payments processing specialist Shift4 has added support for payments made via NFC phones equipped with Google Wallet. The solution includes swipe-ahead functionality, says Shift4, meaning that “customers can swipe their cards (or touch their phones) and then enter their PIN (or signature) before the merchant finishes ringing up the order. Once the order is completed, customers simply approve the amount, get their receipt, and are on their way. In busy retail environments, the short time saved by this option quickly adds up.”
- O2 buys out Weve partners and drops mobile payment plans
- “iPad Pro” to include NFC?
- Qualcomm and NXP team up for NFC on Snapdragon platforms
- NFC gets top marks for helping Barcelona kids get to school
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS