Nav Bains, the GSMA‘s high profile business lead for NFC, has left the carrier trade association to join NFC supplier Vivotech as VP of business development for telecommunications and channel management. “This is a defining time for the deployment and adoption of NFC technology worldwide, and Vivotech’s collaborative approach to improve adoption and overcome industry barriers is one that I fully support,” says Bains.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices