The NFC functionality in the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S III is provided by NXP, the NFC chip specialist has announced. The S III uses NXP’s PN65 solution, which provides it with both an NFC controller and an embedded secure element. The device also includes a secure execution environment within its main application processor, provided by Giesecke & Devrient.
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners
- Super Bowl fans explore Bay Area with BLE beacons
- Kazakhstan gets HCE payments
- Mobile banking service Pocopay goes live in Europe
- Apple Pay adds 32 banks in the US