The NFC functionality in the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S III is provided by NXP, the NFC chip specialist has announced. The S III uses NXP’s PN65 solution, which provides it with both an NFC controller and an embedded secure element. The device also includes a secure execution environment within its main application processor, provided by Giesecke & Devrient.
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE