The NFC functionality in the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S III is provided by NXP, the NFC chip specialist has announced. The S III uses NXP’s PN65 solution, which provides it with both an NFC controller and an embedded secure element. The device also includes a secure execution environment within its main application processor, provided by Giesecke & Devrient.
- One in five US mobile phone users made a mobile payment in 2014
- NFC wristbands to help swimmers track performance
- TEB to roll out HCE payments in Turkey
- Jameson serves up 25,000 NFC stubby holders
- ANZ to add HCE payments to mobile banking app