The NFC functionality in the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S III is provided by NXP, the NFC chip specialist has announced. The S III uses NXP’s PN65 solution, which provides it with both an NFC controller and an embedded secure element. The device also includes a secure execution environment within its main application processor, provided by Giesecke & Devrient.
- New Pebble could offer NFC strap
- Qkr! payments at Wagamama
- Madrid tests NFC ticketing on public transport
- Pizza Hut could let customers order and pay for pizza from their cars
- SpotMe app lets Android users spend Apple Pay cash