The NFC functionality in the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S III is provided by NXP, the NFC chip specialist has announced. The S III uses NXP’s PN65 solution, which provides it with both an NFC controller and an embedded secure element. The device also includes a secure execution environment within its main application processor, provided by Giesecke & Devrient.
- Nestle runs NFC marketing campaign in 480 Woolworth stores across Australia
- American Express tests HCE for NFC payments
- Hilton to let guests unlock their doors with smartphones
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand