The NFC functionality in the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S III is provided by NXP, the NFC chip specialist has announced. The S III uses NXP’s PN65 solution, which provides it with both an NFC controller and an embedded secure element. The device also includes a secure execution environment within its main application processor, provided by Giesecke & Devrient.
- Obama signs chip and pin law
- Android 5.0 SDK now available
- Dubai ambulances adopt NFC
- Welsh museum tests iBeacons
- Visa details Apple Pay setup process