Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- YesTap tests NFC shopping wall in Amsterdam
- Core Jewels offers diamond rings with NFC
- Revolution Money founder raises funds for location-based marketing venture
- Ecuador’s central bank plans national mobile wallet
- Alipay Wallet hits 190m users