Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- Smart Card Alliance offers HCE paper
- Square lets consumers send cash by text
- Citi launches digital wallet
- Estimote unveils BLE stickers
- IPC Media promotes magazine sales via convenience store beacons