Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- Harris+Hoole reports 200,000 mobile payments
- Dunkin’ Mobile gets 10m downloads
- CUP to launch Android Pay in China
- Norwich buses get Bluetooth beacons that deliver offers to passengers on the move
- Ugo launches open NFC payments and rewards wallet in Canada