Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- Industry veterans seek funding for NFC payments ring
- Under half of US small businesses aware of EMV
- Second generation NFC Ring seeks funding
- BNP Paribas pilots cards with dynamic security codes
- Samsung Pay gets seven city US promo tour