Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- Apple Pay users report merchant POS problems
- New Zealand NFC wallet venture Semble goes live
- AMP Bank adds HCE payments to mobile app
- 82% of UK marketers unaware of NFC OOH advertising
- Vodafone combines tokens and SIMs for NFC payments in Europe