Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags