Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- Samsung Pay enters beta testing
- One in four think UK will be cashless in 10 years
- Macau shops to get Alipay mobile payments upgrade
- Barclaycard offers 50% off bPay wearables
- Barclays to support Zapp ‘Pay by Bank app’ mobile payments