Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- Absa takes banking to Twitter
- UOB to lift NFC mobile payment limit in Singapore
- Visa Europe records contactless growth across the continent
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe