Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- Paym reports 89% increase in use in second half of 2015
- Apple’s Error 53 shuts down handsets with Touch ID repairs
- 3bn loyalty cards will move to mobile by 2020
- FitPay launches Kickstarter campaign to bring NFC smartstrap to market
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners