Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- Mastercard to launch artificial intelligence bots for banks and merchants
- Partnership deal for contactless payment wearables
- Visa opens up its tokenization platform to third party suppliers
- Apple Pay goes live in Japan
- Alipay targets 2bn global users