Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- Starbucks increases mobile payments to 16% of total
- Wirecard to offer white label HCE wristband
- Samsung Pay to launch at MWC?
- Schoolboys protect Macs with Touch ID
- Descartes offers ear verification for mobile devices