Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- PayPal adds Touch ID to iOS app
- NTT Docomo rolls out Fido biometrics platform in Japan
- Danske Bank to integrate PowaTag platform with mobile payments app
- Audi Q7 includes NFC tablet
- Danske Bank pilots Zwipe biometric cards