Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- US Bank to donate $50,000 to charity through Apple Pay
- Beacons to drive $7.5bn in holiday season spending
- Seqr to add P2P transfers to mobile wallet
- Orange France reveals mobile retailing lessons
- Mahindra Comviva explains hybrid HCE