Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- Yandex.Checkout gets QR codes
- ANZ accused over Apple Pay support
- Biometric banking to top $4bn by 2021
- Starbucks’ Mobile Order & Pay on the rise across the US
- AMS sells NFC and RFID reader business to STMicroelectronics