Members of the Canadian Bankers Association reached agreement on Friday on how NFC mobile payments will be handled in Canada, says The Globe and Mail, opening the way for the first commercial deployments to take place. These are likely to take the form of partnerships between financial institutions and carriers, the newspaper reports. An official announcement of the guidelines to be adopted may be made as soon as today.
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC
- Chrome OS to get NFC unlock?
- French firm sues HTC and LG for NFC patent infringement