Orange has added NFC functionality to its mobile app for this year’s French Open tennis tournament, which takes place this week at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris. The service allows Cityzi NFC phone users to be guided to points of interest around the stadium and make payments at the “les Jardins de Roland Garros” restaurant.
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week
- Twitter invests in beacon marketer Swirl
- Forecast: 100m Apple Pay-capable phones in US by 2020
- Vodafone Netherlands adds credit card to Wallet