Arizona State University (ASU) has scooped the National Association of Campus Card Users (NACCU)'s inaugural Innovative Technology Award for its NFC-based mobile access control pilot. "The award was given to ASU in recognition of the pilot program's ground-breaking work in validating the use of digital credentials on NFC smartphones for physical access control on a college campus," says technology provider HID Global.
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags
- Star Trek Into Darkness gets NFC promotion at airports