By 2016 almost 80% of the smartphones in Canada will be NFC-enabled, “providing a solid foundation for the uptake of mobile contactless payments”, according to Canadian Payments Forecast — 2012, a new report from TSI. “Cash will remain the most frequently used form of payment in Canada over the next five years, but will suffer substantial erosion from contactless debit and credit payments,” say the authors.
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade
- Battery-less smartwatch powered by body heat