By 2016 almost 80% of the smartphones in Canada will be NFC-enabled, “providing a solid foundation for the uptake of mobile contactless payments”, according to Canadian Payments Forecast — 2012, a new report from TSI. “Cash will remain the most frequently used form of payment in Canada over the next five years, but will suffer substantial erosion from contactless debit and credit payments,” say the authors.
- Gemalto mobile security survey
- Stagecoach to deliver contactless payments on all its UK buses by 2018
- Azimo adds Siri money transfers
- Eckoh and Worldpay conduct first telephone-based Apple Pay transaction
- Android Pay launches in Hong Kong