Austrian mobile network operator A1 has begun the second phase of its Paybox NFC payments trial, with the expansion of the service to 5,000 customers, Der Standard reports. Both fast food giant McDonald’s and supermarket chain Merkur are taking part in the pilot, which was first announced in April.
- Malibu equips 40,000 bottles with NFC tags for UK pilot
- ANZ adds Mastercard support to Apple Pay
- Apple to offer iPhone with FeliCa NFC payments in Japan
- Google Wallet gets automatic transfers
- Coles backs Australian banks versus Apple