Austrian mobile network operator A1 has begun the second phase of its Paybox NFC payments trial, with the expansion of the service to 5,000 customers, Der Standard reports. Both fast food giant McDonald’s and supermarket chain Merkur are taking part in the pilot, which was first announced in April.
- ZTE launches smartphone with retina scanning for authentication
- Video shows Samsung Pay in action
- NXP tool helps developers access secure elements
- Carta makes HCE simple with hosted Cloud Suite payments platform
- Samsung Pay’s success in the US is not assured, says expert