Apple is testing iPhone prototypes equipped with NFC, according to 9to5Mac. The site mentions two pre-production devices, codenamed N41AP and N42AP, and says of information it has seen, “further investigation into this hardware code dump leads us to believe that these iPhones also have near field communication (NFC) controllers directly connected to the power management unit (PMU).”
- Optus expands NFC payments to prepaid customers
- ICICI Bank launches mVisa mobile payments
- Barclays to support Apple Pay from early 2016?
- Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s to support Apple Pay
- Tangerine tests facial recognition