Google could be getting ready to launch an NFC-equipped Android tablet at its I/O developer event this week, according to Gizmodo, which reports that the Nexus 7 is built by Asus and includes a 1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor and a GeForce 12-core GPU. 8GB and 16GB versions of the 7-inch Android Jelly Bean device will be available, retailing at US$199 and $249 respectively, according to a leaked document seen by the publication.
- Wearable payments to reach $501bn by 2020
- OneBit tests Bitcoin payments via NFC
- US shoppers buying into mobile payments
- Square ‘files for public offering’
- Visa signs up 2,300 financial institutions for Visa Token Service