Google could be getting ready to launch an NFC-equipped Android tablet at its I/O developer event this week, according to Gizmodo, which reports that the Nexus 7 is built by Asus and includes a 1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor and a GeForce 12-core GPU. 8GB and 16GB versions of the 7-inch Android Jelly Bean device will be available, retailing at US$199 and $249 respectively, according to a leaked document seen by the publication.
- France’s Teleshopping network tunes into PowaTag mobile payments
- Fingerprint sensor market to grow at 17% CAGR
- McDonald’s to pilot mobile order and pay in China
- Lloyds Bank authenticates customers with contactless ‘tap to bank’ service
- Europeans make more than 1bn Visa contactless transactions in 12 months