Google could be getting ready to launch an NFC-equipped Android tablet at its I/O developer event this week, according to Gizmodo, which reports that the Nexus 7 is built by Asus and includes a 1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor and a GeForce 12-core GPU. 8GB and 16GB versions of the 7-inch Android Jelly Bean device will be available, retailing at US$199 and $249 respectively, according to a leaked document seen by the publication.
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS
- Tattoos confound Apple Watch wrist detection, making Apple Pay “unusable”
- 84% of banks and retailers plan to invest in mobile payment technology
- 92% of UK mobile users to make a mobile payment in 2015
- Chip and PIN faces slow take-up in US, says Forrester