Fashion chain Gap has used wristbands and NFC phones to allow customers to vote for the best dressed staff at two stores in Tokyo. Customers were given contactless wristbands which were then “high fived” against NFC phones carried by store assistants. A successful touch registered a vote, signalled by a cheer from the phone and a post being made to the customer’s Facebook timeline, reports CScout Japan’s Michael Keferl.
- SimplyTapp launches open source tokenization project
- Bookatable tests iBeacon at 119 restaurants
- Chicago to get NFC mobile ticketing in 2016
- Discover CEO outlines plan to join Apple Pay
- Researchers show off ‘skin buttons’ for smartwatches