Fashion chain Gap has used wristbands and NFC phones to allow customers to vote for the best dressed staff at two stores in Tokyo. Customers were given contactless wristbands which were then “high fived” against NFC phones carried by store assistants. A successful touch registered a vote, signalled by a cheer from the phone and a post being made to the customer’s Facebook timeline, reports CScout Japan’s Michael Keferl.
- Amazon releases mobile wallet app for Android
- Westpac trials HCE mobile payments in New Zealand
- Consult Hyperion demos EMV mobile payments over BLE on an iPhone
- IBM partners with Monitise
- GSMA publishes NFC coupon and loyalty technical proposal