Fashion chain Gap has used wristbands and NFC phones to allow customers to vote for the best dressed staff at two stores in Tokyo. Customers were given contactless wristbands which were then “high fived” against NFC phones carried by store assistants. A successful touch registered a vote, signalled by a cheer from the phone and a post being made to the customer’s Facebook timeline, reports CScout Japan’s Michael Keferl.
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows