Fashion chain Gap has used wristbands and NFC phones to allow customers to vote for the best dressed staff at two stores in Tokyo. Customers were given contactless wristbands which were then “high fived” against NFC phones carried by store assistants. A successful touch registered a vote, signalled by a cheer from the phone and a post being made to the customer’s Facebook timeline, reports CScout Japan’s Michael Keferl.
- Mobile money users grow 41% in 2014
- Oberthur’s Pearl SE embedded in Galaxy S6
- MasterCard discusses how Samsung Pay works
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S6 with NFC and LoopPay mobile payments
- Apple Pay provisioning fraud hole “has to get plugged now”