Fashion chain Gap has used wristbands and NFC phones to allow customers to vote for the best dressed staff at two stores in Tokyo. Customers were given contactless wristbands which were then "high fived" against NFC phones carried by store assistants. A successful touch registered a vote, signalled by a cheer from the phone and a post being made to the customer's Facebook timeline, reports CScout Japan's Michael Keferl.
- Dubai shopping mall to launch NFC and Bluetooth mobile loyalty program
- C-Sam speeds NFC development with applets and testing services
- Google Wallet adds phones
- Telecom Italia announces new NFC ticketing pilots
- RapidNFC adds NXP NTAG210 to its range