Fashion chain Gap has used wristbands and NFC phones to allow customers to vote for the best dressed staff at two stores in Tokyo. Customers were given contactless wristbands which were then "high fived" against NFC phones carried by store assistants. A successful touch registered a vote, signalled by a cheer from the phone and a post being made to the customer's Facebook timeline, reports CScout Japan's Michael Keferl.
- Adidas adds NFC to running shoes
- Czech firm releases universal NFC ID system
- Alfa-Bank to pilot NFC payments in Russia and the Ukraine
- Verizon and Discover join the NFC Forum
- Musemini trio gets NFC pairing