Fashion chain Gap has used wristbands and NFC phones to allow customers to vote for the best dressed staff at two stores in Tokyo. Customers were given contactless wristbands which were then “high fived” against NFC phones carried by store assistants. A successful touch registered a vote, signalled by a cheer from the phone and a post being made to the customer’s Facebook timeline, reports CScout Japan’s Michael Keferl.
- Smart Card Alliance offers HCE paper
- Square lets consumers send cash by text
- Citi launches digital wallet
- Estimote unveils BLE stickers
- IPC Media promotes magazine sales via convenience store beacons