Fashion chain Gap has used wristbands and NFC phones to allow customers to vote for the best dressed staff at two stores in Tokyo. Customers were given contactless wristbands which were then “high fived” against NFC phones carried by store assistants. A successful touch registered a vote, signalled by a cheer from the phone and a post being made to the customer’s Facebook timeline, reports CScout Japan’s Michael Keferl.
- US banks get on board for mobile at the ATM
- G&D gets Amex accreditation for HCE payments solution
- Apple Pay awareness, adoption and usage drops in the US
- PayPal partners with Vodafone for NFC payments in Europe
- Samsung Pay to make UK and Spain debut “very soon”