Google has announced two new NFC features will be available in the Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ version of its Android Beam service. Users will now be able to send photos and videos from one Android device to another by tapping two NFC devices together, with the link initiated via NFC before handing over to Bluetooth for the transfer. They will also be able to pair with and connect to NFC Bluetooth devices with a touch.
- Venmo enables in-app payments
- South Africans to get biometric authentication for card payments
- Apple Pay accounts for 75% of all contactless payments in the US
- Australian banks seek stronger negotiating powers with third party mobile wallet providers
- Americans expect cashless society in their lifetime