Russian Post has signed an agreement with MasterCard to jointly develop and commercialise a range of “innovative financial products”. As a first step, 2,000 of Russian Post’s 42,000 post offices will be equipped to accept PayPass contactless payments. Pilot tests of MasterCard Mobile and MasterCard MoneySend will be conducted and the potential of NFC mobile payments will also be investigated.
- One in five US mobile phone users made a mobile payment in 2014
- NFC wristbands to help swimmers track performance
- TEB to roll out HCE payments in Turkey
- Jameson serves up 25,000 NFC stubby holders
- ANZ to add HCE payments to mobile banking app