Israel-based contactless technology developer On Track Innovations has been granted two new patents. US patent 8,195,236, “Retrofit contactless smart SIM functionality in mobile communicators” covers adding NFC to mobile phones with a SIM+antenna add-on, while US patent 8,186,602, “Multi-application contactless smart card“, deals with supporting multiple applications or payment mechanisms on a single contactless device.
- SimplyTapp launches open source tokenization project
- Bookatable tests iBeacon at 119 restaurants
- Chicago to get NFC mobile ticketing in 2016
- Discover CEO outlines plan to join Apple Pay
- Researchers show off ‘skin buttons’ for smartwatches