Israel-based contactless technology developer On Track Innovations has been granted two new patents. US patent 8,195,236, “Retrofit contactless smart SIM functionality in mobile communicators” covers adding NFC to mobile phones with a SIM+antenna add-on, while US patent 8,186,602, “Multi-application contactless smart card“, deals with supporting multiple applications or payment mechanisms on a single contactless device.
- Webinar on delivering NFC transport ticketing services at scale — See it now on NFC World
- One in four UK consumers influenced by in-store payment methods
- UK cash payments fall to 48%
- Four in ten UK consumers willing to switch banks for mobile payments
- NXP ‘focused on mobile wallet’