Israel-based contactless technology developer On Track Innovations has been granted two new patents. US patent 8,195,236, “Retrofit contactless smart SIM functionality in mobile communicators” covers adding NFC to mobile phones with a SIM+antenna add-on, while US patent 8,186,602, “Multi-application contactless smart card“, deals with supporting multiple applications or payment mechanisms on a single contactless device.
- Mobeam passes 40m in-store transactions
- Apple Pay adds more than 20 US banks
- EMV Migration Forum releases EMV testing and certification white paper
- Samsung Pay adds support from 39 US banks
- The State Bank of Vietnam urges transition to EMV