Israel-based contactless technology developer On Track Innovations has been granted two new patents. US patent 8,195,236, “Retrofit contactless smart SIM functionality in mobile communicators” covers adding NFC to mobile phones with a SIM+antenna add-on, while US patent 8,186,602, “Multi-application contactless smart card“, deals with supporting multiple applications or payment mechanisms on a single contactless device.
- Luxury handbag maker uses NFC tags to counter fraud
- Wells Fargo joins ClearXChange
- Kroger sues Visa over EMV authentication
- UnionPay launches HCE mobile QuickPass in South Korea
- Android Pay launches in Singapore