Israel-based contactless technology developer On Track Innovations has been granted two new patents. US patent 8,195,236, "Retrofit contactless smart SIM functionality in mobile communicators" covers adding NFC to mobile phones with a SIM+antenna add-on, while US patent 8,186,602, "Multi-application contactless smart card", deals with supporting multiple applications or payment mechanisms on a single contactless device.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR