ATM maker Diebold has joined smart card and secure element standards body GlobalPlatform. "We will use our involvement in GlobalPlatform to proactively plan for technology changes that might impact automated teller machines," says the company's Mark Reinart. "This will enable us to advance our solutions services around technological improvements."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR