Malaysian transit card issuer Touch ‘n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. “After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too,” says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch ‘n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments