Malaysian transit card issuer Touch ‘n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. “After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too,” says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch ‘n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain