Malaysian transit card issuer Touch ‘n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. “After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too,” says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch ‘n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- RapidNFC examines iPhone 6 tag reading issue
- Apple falls out with PayPal over Samsung deal
- KLM uses Bluetooth beacons to help passengers navigate Schiphol Airport
- Uber runs NFC marketing campaign in London pubs and clubs
- Transcript: eBay CEO John Donahoe discusses the future of PayPal as an independent company