Malaysian transit card issuer Touch ‘n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. “After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too,” says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch ‘n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- Samsung Pay to make UK and Spain debut “very soon”
- Axis Bank customers to get NFC wearables
- Payleven raises $10m for mPOS growth
- GSMA publishes IoT security guidelines
- Security update fixes Apple Pay flaw