Malaysian transit card issuer Touch ‘n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. “After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too,” says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch ‘n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month
- Broadcom offers IoT developer kit
- Visa licenses transactional ad platform
- Alipay partners with Huawei to add biometric security to mobile payments
- Visa adds Checkout partners