Malaysian transit card issuer Touch 'n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. "After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too," says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch 'n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR