Malaysian transit card issuer Touch ‘n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. “After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too,” says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch ‘n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- 50% of Americans use mobile banking
- MyPay to launch mobile wallet in Myanmar
- Chili’s Grill & Bar to enable Android Pay at the table
- Pizza Hut Asia trials order and pay using a robot called Pepper
- Wells Fargo to launch NFC mobile payments