Malaysian transit card issuer Touch ‘n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. “After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too,” says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch ‘n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- NXP sues Marvell over Xbox NFC chips
- Cachet adds prepaid cards to Apple Pay
- Apple CEO says 2015 will be the “year of Apple Pay”
- USAT adds support for Apple Pay
- Starbucks increases mobile payments to 16% of total