Malaysian transit card issuer Touch 'n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. "After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too," says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch 'n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- Russian supermarket tests NFC for personalised shopping and loyalty
- La Caixa partners with Telefónica, Vodafone, Orange and Visa for Europe’s largest NFC payments service
- Vodafone launches SmartPass NFC payments in Germany
- Wells Fargo to pilot Isis NFC payments
- Westpac to launch embedded NFC payments in New Year