Malaysian transit card issuer Touch ‘n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. “After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too,” says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch ‘n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- Samsung Pay offers $100 discount to new users
- Apple Pay signs deal with China UnionPay?
- Google boosts Android Pay adoption with $1m charity fund
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping
- Three launches NFC mobile payments in Austria