Malaysian transit card issuer Touch ‘n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. “After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too,” says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch ‘n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- Samsung Pay enters beta testing
- One in four think UK will be cashless in 10 years
- Macau shops to get Alipay mobile payments upgrade
- Barclaycard offers 50% off bPay wearables
- Barclays to support Zapp ‘Pay by Bank app’ mobile payments