Malaysian transit card issuer Touch 'n Go will begin pilot testing an NFC payments service in collaboration with mobile network operator Maxis and CIMB Bank in the next two months, news agency Bernama reports. "After six months we will offer the service with other telecommunication companies too," says CEO Abdul Karim Md Lassim. Touch 'n Go has invested MYR 500,000 (US$158,000) in the project to date.
- UK gov offers passport reader
- NFC in Retailing webinar: See it now on NFC World
- McDonald’s and Kuwait International Bank test NFC payments
- Nokia Chat gets NFC sharing
- NFC transit ticketing service goes live in French city of Caen