The next iPhone is currently undergoing its “third stage engineering verification test” and will be released in late September or early October, according to BGR. “We can also confirm that NFC hardware is present in the phones as well,” says the tech blog.
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week
- Twitter invests in beacon marketer Swirl
- Forecast: 100m Apple Pay-capable phones in US by 2020