The number of NFC-enabled mobile devices shipped worldwide will more than double this year to nearly 100m, according to Forrester Research, but mainstream use of the technology “remains three to five years away in most countries”.
- Melbourne Cricket Club equips roving snack vendors with Bluetooth beacons
- Downtown uses Bluetooth beacons to deliver orders to customers’ tables
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month