A Kickstarter project that will offer consumers building blocks for easy home automation, monitoring and control is set to support NFC. SmartThings, which aims to “connect the things in your physical world to the internet,” has already exceeded its crowd-sourced funding target of US$250,000 with 25 days to go. “We love NFC and plan for SmartThings to support it within our mobile apps,” say the developers.
- iOS 8.1 brings Apple Pay NFC payments to iPhone
- Over 20m NFC devices now in use in Japan
- Bionym begins shipping wristband
- Amex commits $10m to EMV upgrades
- Twitter preps for Buy button launch