A Kickstarter project that will offer consumers building blocks for easy home automation, monitoring and control is set to support NFC. SmartThings, which aims to “connect the things in your physical world to the internet,” has already exceeded its crowd-sourced funding target of US$250,000 with 25 days to go. “We love NFC and plan for SmartThings to support it within our mobile apps,” say the developers.
- Danish shoppers to get BLE mobile payments in 2017
- LG Pay delays launch, cites testing issues
- Square brings contactless reader to Australia
- Study shows growing appetite for mobile payments and biometrics
- mBeaconVend enables mobile vending machine payments