A Kickstarter project that will offer consumers building blocks for easy home automation, monitoring and control is set to support NFC. SmartThings, which aims to “connect the things in your physical world to the internet,” has already exceeded its crowd-sourced funding target of US$250,000 with 25 days to go. “We love NFC and plan for SmartThings to support it within our mobile apps,” say the developers.
- London markets could go contactless
- Amex cardholders use reward points for Best Buy purchases
- US IT decision makers unprepared for EMV
- New Google Glass ‘released soon’
- US shoppers make more mobile payments