A Kickstarter project that will offer consumers building blocks for easy home automation, monitoring and control is set to support NFC. SmartThings, which aims to "connect the things in your physical world to the internet," has already exceeded its crowd-sourced funding target of US$250,000 with 25 days to go. "We love NFC and plan for SmartThings to support it within our mobile apps," say the developers.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR