Customers tap their NFC phone to a menu card to bring up a mobile site with the restaurant’s full menu, including details of ingredients and prices, from where they place an order. “This system could cut waiting time for waiters during peak hours,” Ashoo Agarwal, SAI’s managing director, told the Bangkok Post. “It could also help overcome language barriers for foreign customers when communicating with waiters.”
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right
- Starbucks now processes six million mobile payments a week
- Hillshire sells more sausages with BLE beacons
- Amazon to enter mPOS market?
- Motherboard leak fuels iPhone NFC rumours