Customers tap their NFC phone to a menu card to bring up a mobile site with the restaurant’s full menu, including details of ingredients and prices, from where they place an order. “This system could cut waiting time for waiters during peak hours,” Ashoo Agarwal, SAI’s managing director, told the Bangkok Post. “It could also help overcome language barriers for foreign customers when communicating with waiters.”
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics