Customers tap their NFC phone to a menu card to bring up a mobile site with the restaurant’s full menu, including details of ingredients and prices, from where they place an order. “This system could cut waiting time for waiters during peak hours,” Ashoo Agarwal, SAI’s managing director, told the Bangkok Post. “It could also help overcome language barriers for foreign customers when communicating with waiters.”
- Uber runs NFC marketing campaign in London pubs and clubs
- Transcript: eBay CEO John Donahoe discusses the future of PayPal as an independent company
- NFC technology report available for free download
- iPad to get Apple Pay support?
- eBay to spin off PayPal as a separate company in 2015