Customers tap their NFC phone to a menu card to bring up a mobile site with the restaurant's full menu, including details of ingredients and prices, from where they place an order. "This system could cut waiting time for waiters during peak hours," Ashoo Agarwal, SAI's managing director, told the Bangkok Post. "It could also help overcome language barriers for foreign customers when communicating with waiters."
- Narvesen expands NFC loyalty across Latvia
- Survey reveals demand for contactless and NFC payments in Dubai
- NFC phone for care workers goes worldwide
- NFC stickers impress retailers at Sydney show
- UL gets EMVCo accreditation for mobile payments testing