Customers tap their NFC phone to a menu card to bring up a mobile site with the restaurant's full menu, including details of ingredients and prices, from where they place an order. "This system could cut waiting time for waiters during peak hours," Ashoo Agarwal, SAI's managing director, told the Bangkok Post. "It could also help overcome language barriers for foreign customers when communicating with waiters."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR