Customers tap their NFC phone to a menu card to bring up a mobile site with the restaurant’s full menu, including details of ingredients and prices, from where they place an order. “This system could cut waiting time for waiters during peak hours,” Ashoo Agarwal, SAI’s managing director, told the Bangkok Post. “It could also help overcome language barriers for foreign customers when communicating with waiters.”
- Apple Pay rewards program looms?
- Asia Pacific banks begin testing HCE mobile payments
- Marriott Hotels lets users check in with Apple Watch
- DS Tags launches electronic luggage label with NFC and Bluetooth
- StreetSmart offers QR code mobile donations