The Internet Engineering Task Force‘s TLS working group has published a draft document that describes the implementation of the TLS (transport layer security) protocol over the NFC LLCP layer. “LLCPS enforces a strong security in NFC P2P exchanges,” says author Pascal Urien. Producing an IETF draft is the first stage of a process which can lead to the publication of an internet standard.
- Discover to add support for Apple Pay
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week
- Twitter invests in beacon marketer Swirl