Austrian mobile network operator A1 reports that it has successfully tested a new NFC access control service called Airkey, developed by door lock maker Evva, IT specialist Rise and the Vienna University of Technology. 40 participants used Sony Xperia S smartphones for the pilot. A1 already operates an NFC payments service called A1 Paybox, which it is testing with McDonald’s.
- NTT Docomo rolls out Fido biometrics platform in Japan
- Danske Bank to integrate PowaTag platform with mobile payments app
- Audi Q7 includes NFC tablet
- Danske Bank pilots Zwipe biometric cards
- Webinar on delivering NFC transport ticketing services at scale — See it now on NFC World