Last month’s launch of Google Wallet 2.0 has led to usage of the NFC mobile wallet doubling, Frank Young, commerce business development manager for Google Wallet, has revealed on the Google Commerce blog. “In the weeks since we released a new version of the Google Wallet app that supports all credit and debit cards, usage has more than doubled,” he writes. “Consumers have immediately grasped the benefit of being able to use any card when shopping in-store and online.”
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics