Last month's launch of Google Wallet 2.0 has led to usage of the NFC mobile wallet doubling, Frank Young, commerce business development manager for Google Wallet, has revealed on the Google Commerce blog. "In the weeks since we released a new version of the Google Wallet app that supports all credit and debit cards, usage has more than doubled," he writes. "Consumers have immediately grasped the benefit of being able to use any card when shopping in-store and online."
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC
- Chrome OS to get NFC unlock?
- French firm sues HTC and LG for NFC patent infringement