Last month’s launch of Google Wallet 2.0 has led to usage of the NFC mobile wallet doubling, Frank Young, commerce business development manager for Google Wallet, has revealed on the Google Commerce blog. “In the weeks since we released a new version of the Google Wallet app that supports all credit and debit cards, usage has more than doubled,” he writes. “Consumers have immediately grasped the benefit of being able to use any card when shopping in-store and online.”
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right
- Starbucks now processes six million mobile payments a week
- Hillshire sells more sausages with BLE beacons
- Amazon to enter mPOS market?
- Motherboard leak fuels iPhone NFC rumours