Last month's launch of Google Wallet 2.0 has led to usage of the NFC mobile wallet doubling, Frank Young, commerce business development manager for Google Wallet, has revealed on the Google Commerce blog. "In the weeks since we released a new version of the Google Wallet app that supports all credit and debit cards, usage has more than doubled," he writes. "Consumers have immediately grasped the benefit of being able to use any card when shopping in-store and online."
- Narvesen expands NFC loyalty across Latvia
- Survey reveals demand for contactless and NFC payments in Dubai
- NFC phone for care workers goes worldwide
- NFC stickers impress retailers at Sydney show
- UL gets EMVCo accreditation for mobile payments testing