Last month’s launch of Google Wallet 2.0 has led to usage of the NFC mobile wallet doubling, Frank Young, commerce business development manager for Google Wallet, has revealed on the Google Commerce blog. “In the weeks since we released a new version of the Google Wallet app that supports all credit and debit cards, usage has more than doubled,” he writes. “Consumers have immediately grasped the benefit of being able to use any card when shopping in-store and online.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway