Last month's launch of Google Wallet 2.0 has led to usage of the NFC mobile wallet doubling, Frank Young, commerce business development manager for Google Wallet, has revealed on the Google Commerce blog. "In the weeks since we released a new version of the Google Wallet app that supports all credit and debit cards, usage has more than doubled," he writes. "Consumers have immediately grasped the benefit of being able to use any card when shopping in-store and online."
- Vodafone rolls out NFC mobile wallet across Germany
- Portsmouth FC engages fans with NFC
- EMVCo publishes tokenization framework specification
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more