RIM has worked with Canadian NFC specialist Crosscliq to showcase NFC at this year's Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). BlackBerry ambassadors equipped with NFC smartphones were on site to offer festival goers the chance to vote for their favourite film, download the official TIFF interactive film guide and other BlackBerry entertainment apps as well as enter a contest to win a trip to Hollywood — all using a single tap of an NFC phone.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR