RIM has worked with Canadian NFC specialist Crosscliq to showcase NFC at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). BlackBerry ambassadors equipped with NFC smartphones were on site to offer festival goers the chance to vote for their favourite film, download the official TIFF interactive film guide and other BlackBerry entertainment apps as well as enter a contest to win a trip to Hollywood — all using a single tap of an NFC phone.
- Wearable payments to reach $501bn by 2020
- OneBit tests Bitcoin payments via NFC
- US shoppers buying into mobile payments
- Square ‘files for public offering’
- Visa signs up 2,300 financial institutions for Visa Token Service