NXP has now shipped 100m of its PN544 NFC controllers, the company reports. “The NFC market continues to evolve rapidly,” says NXP’s Michael Maader. “NFC is coming to many new tablets, laptops, speakers and headsets enabling secure payments, mobile ticketing, NFC tag use cases or the pairing of applications across multiple form-factors. All those devices and applications are creating the experiences end consumers are looking for.”
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics