NXP has now shipped 100m of its PN544 NFC controllers, the company reports. “The NFC market continues to evolve rapidly,” says NXP’s Michael Maader. “NFC is coming to many new tablets, laptops, speakers and headsets enabling secure payments, mobile ticketing, NFC tag use cases or the pairing of applications across multiple form-factors. All those devices and applications are creating the experiences end consumers are looking for.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway