Lockitron maker Apigy has secured more than US$640,000 in pre-orders for a new version of its mobile phone operated door lock. The US$149 lock supports Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi and NFC and is due to begin shipping in March 2013.
- ING opens up HCE to all Netherlands customers
- JCPenney piloting store cards on Apple Pay
- Developers unveil electronic tattoos for payments and healthcare
- Fashion mag drives 500,000 store visits with beacon campaign
- Wirecard launches HCE payments in four European countries