Peter Sprogis, a co-founder of NFC pioneer MoLo Rewards, is suing Google for allegedly infringing US Patent No. 7,298,271 with Google Wallet, patent attorney Leonid Kravets reports. The patent was issued in November 2007 and describes the use of RFID technology, in tag form or integrated into a mobile phone, to issue rewards to shoppers at the same time that they make a purchase.
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags