Italian bank BNL, part of the BNP Paribas group, has begun an NFC payments pilot in Rome. 150 participants are being issued with Samsung Galaxy S III phones which hold a BNL MasterCard. The trial will run until March 2013 and a commercial launch is planned for 2014.
- 226bn transactions to be secured with biometrics by 2020
- House of Fraser adds AR to mobile app
- Fingerprint sensor shipments to reach 1bn units by 2020
- Miami Heat fans get mobile payments and ticketing
- Pinterest expands availability of Buyable Pins