The Isis pilot launch has been "softer than a goose down pillow", says GigaOm's Stacey Higginbotham, who has been checking out the service in Austin, Texas and found that merchant awareness of the NFC payments system is currently quite low. "Despite being listed on the Isis web site, many local merchants had no clue they were now able to accept Isis payments, or even knew what the program was," says Higginbotham.
- Dubai shopping mall to launch NFC and Bluetooth mobile loyalty program
- C-Sam speeds NFC development with applets and testing services
- Google Wallet adds phones
- Telecom Italia announces new NFC ticketing pilots
- RapidNFC adds NXP NTAG210 to its range