The Isis pilot launch has been “softer than a goose down pillow”, says GigaOm’s Stacey Higginbotham, who has been checking out the service in Austin, Texas and found that merchant awareness of the NFC payments system is currently quite low. “Despite being listed on the Isis web site, many local merchants had no clue they were now able to accept Isis payments, or even knew what the program was,” says Higginbotham.
- Singapore commuters trial wristband payments
- PayPal launches PayPal.Me
- India biometrics market to grow 35% by 2020
- Ingenico joins WorldPay bidding war
- Sony unveils Wena Wrist with NFC payments