The Isis pilot launch has been “softer than a goose down pillow”, says GigaOm’s Stacey Higginbotham, who has been checking out the service in Austin, Texas and found that merchant awareness of the NFC payments system is currently quite low. “Despite being listed on the Isis web site, many local merchants had no clue they were now able to accept Isis payments, or even knew what the program was,” says Higginbotham.
- US Bank to donate $50,000 to charity through Apple Pay
- Beacons to drive $7.5bn in holiday season spending
- Seqr to add P2P transfers to mobile wallet
- Orange France reveals mobile retailing lessons
- Mahindra Comviva explains hybrid HCE