The Isis pilot launch has been “softer than a goose down pillow”, says GigaOm’s Stacey Higginbotham, who has been checking out the service in Austin, Texas and found that merchant awareness of the NFC payments system is currently quite low. “Despite being listed on the Isis web site, many local merchants had no clue they were now able to accept Isis payments, or even knew what the program was,” says Higginbotham.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies