The Isis pilot launch has been "softer than a goose down pillow", says GigaOm's Stacey Higginbotham, who has been checking out the service in Austin, Texas and found that merchant awareness of the NFC payments system is currently quite low. "Despite being listed on the Isis web site, many local merchants had no clue they were now able to accept Isis payments, or even knew what the program was," says Higginbotham.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR