Miami-based NFC specialist Flomio has turned to crowdfunding to finance production of a plug-in device that will bring NFC to Apple’s iPhone and iPad. The ‘Flojack’ is a lollipop-shaped NFC transceiver that plugs into an iOS device’s headphone jack. The first Flojacks will ship in March 2013 if US$80,000 is raised on Kickstarter by 26 November.
- Discover joins effort to speed up EMV checkout
- Amex bot notifies purchases through Facebook Messenger
- Walmart Pay arrives in 15 more states
- ABN Amro takes payments to WhatsApp
- EMV claims more than a third of global card-present payments