RBS Group, which owns the UK's Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest banks, has picked Giesecke and Devrient as the TSM for its TouchPay NFC payments project. G&D is also managing data generation and fulfilment of the iCarte devices used to add NFC functionality to customers' iPhone 4 and 4S handsets.
- Adidas adds NFC to running shoes
- Czech firm releases universal NFC ID system
- Alfa-Bank to pilot NFC payments in Russia and the Ukraine
- Verizon and Discover join the NFC Forum
- Musemini trio gets NFC pairing