The developers behind Project Ingeborg, which can provide visitors to a town or city with the ability to download books, works of art and other information relevant to particular locations via NFC tags and QR codes, have made the system available as a plugin for the popular WordPress content management platform. The Pingeb.org plugin is based on a service tested earlier this year in the Austrian town of Klagenfurt.
- Venmo enables in-app payments
- South Africans to get biometric authentication for card payments
- Apple Pay accounts for 75% of all contactless payments in the US
- Australian banks seek stronger negotiating powers with third party mobile wallet providers
- Americans expect cashless society in their lifetime