Transportation and smart card technology specialist Ecebs has been acquired by Bell ID. Ecebs’ portfolio includes a number of front-end technologies that Bell ID expects to be able to use to “significantly enhance its offering to the growing market for smart ticketing/payment using mobile devices”.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes